Thursday, February 03, 2005

Back to the Bus

The puppy buddy has been home for several days. He wasn't sick, so I'm not entirely clear why, but I think it's because the bus never came for him. Today, though, we were back to our normal schedule, and walked him to the bus. I don't know how he knew the bus would come today and wasn't going to come on those other days, but he did.

Sometimes the buddies seem to know things that dogs don't, and I can't figure out why. It can't be that they've sensed it, as they can't smell a squirrel that's almost over their heads, and they can't hear a pig just a little bit into the brush. And it certainly can't be that they figure stuff out, as they have all the intelligence of a newborn puppy. Odd.

Having him home wasn't all that much fun, as the weather was pretty crummy. So, he and I spent a lot of time sitting on the couch watching movies. I enjoyed the ones about Buddy the dog (who plays football and soccer and stuff), and I always love _Scooby-Doo Two_, but a couple of the others didn't have a single dog in them. You know how that goes--you sit there waiting for the movie to get interesting, thinking, "Hmmm...well, maybe there'll be a dog in the movie soon..." but no go. I don't understand why they even make movies like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home