Monday, February 21, 2005

More on Talking

Again, it's been crazy around here, and very little time alone for blogging. I can't describe last Saturday, as I'm not at all sure what was going on or why. We did not get the walk to Comealong Park, but a whole litter of puppy buddies came over. WE WERE KEPT IN THE BEDROOM. I'm not sure if that was good or bad. It might have been a ton of fun to play with them, but, it might have been stressful. The squealing was bad enough as it was. We did get to eat two pizza boxes, and lots and lots of crust. So, not all was lost. (We failed to snag any ice cream, despite much effort.)

Meanwhile, though, I got email from Jack. He says:


I've thought a whole bunch about that talking thing, and Bufford might not be wrong. When I was a puppy, I spent a couple of days listening to that talk. You're right about their not listening to each other. But, I think they do sometimes say stuff that is important information. Like sometimes one will tell another what will be for dinner, or when they will go for a walk. Granted, it's easier just to wait till you hear the important words, like dinner or walk, and then listen, but you do sometimes miss information. For instance, if a buddy says, "We'll go to the store and then go for a walk," you suddenly realize you need to listen at the end of the statement. It's too late, then! I'm not saying you should listen all the time or anything, but it is a bummer.


Jack


I have to say that this mail has puzzled me a lot. I'm going to have to think about it more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home